These books can be read to help you prepare for therapy, or help you whilst you are therapy, or maybe as a follow up or instead of therapy.
Some good books
- There are various good books that I would recommend that you can use before, during or after therapy – or indeed, instead of therapy.
- Many of the books by Chris Williams are helpful. He describes the 5 systems approach which you might use in therapy.
- Overcoming Depression and Low Mood by Chris Williams published in 2014.
- Overcoming Stress, anxiety and Panic: A Five Systems Approach by Chris Williams published in 2012.
- He also has written a great self help book on Post Natal Depression.
- Greenberger and Padesky have an excellent book “Mind Over Mood” published in 2016.
- There are many good books on Mindfulness such as Mark Williams and Danny Penman’s 2011 book “Mindfulness: a practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world” – it contains an excellent CD of mindfulness exercises
- The “Overcoming” book series published by Constable are written by trained psychotherapists and are very good. These cover subjects such as self esteem and perfectionism and anxiety
Some excellent leaflets can be found at this website: